Where is your attention right now? Is it where it should be? For all the many things you have to do each day that requires our focused attention, it’s surprising how difficult focus can sometimes be. You try the hacks for better focus and repeatedly remind yourself of how important it is to get your work done, but none of it works. Fortunately, there are drinks that can snap you out of your daze, help you focus, and keep you moving in the right direction.
Of course, there are supplements designed for greater focus in pill form. Some of these may be effective, but consuming these drinks means they are absorbed faster and can work more quickly to give you the needed jolt.
Related: The Best Sources for Your Caffeine!
Here are the top 8 drinks for focus:
Your brain depends on water! It is 75% water but is unable to store it for use. So it requires a constant flow of water for your conscious function, including long and short-term memory retention. When you have enough water, your brain cells work well, but those cells can’t function efficiently when your brain is dehydrated. Your ability to maintain concentration is impaired. One study showed that just 300 ml of water could boost concentration by 25%.
In addition to focusing, being properly and consistently hydrated is good for your mood, mental health, sleep, and overall well-being.
2. Coffee and Cinnamon
Of course, when you think of concentration, you think of coffee. But coffee can do more than keep you awake; it can actually improve your long and short-term memory. Just two or three cups each day will keep you focused, but add a little cinnamon, and you have a combination that will boost your brain function. The caffeine in the coffee increases epinephrine and norepinephrine levels in your blood. The cinnamon boosts this effect, maximizing your ability to focus, process information, and increase energy. A 2009 study found that even the smell of cinnamon can make you more alert and decrease frustration.
3. Water and Lemon
We’ve already discussed the many benefits of water to your brain, mental state, and physical well-being. But lots of people have a hard time drinking plain water. Adding a little lemon will not only taste better, but it can also improve cognitive function. Lemons are full of beneficial vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants. There is even research that says the scent of lemon can enhance your performance on tasks that require a lot of focus.
4. Peppermint Tea
Peppermint tea is perfect, especially if you don’t like coffee. The absence of caffeine doesn’t hinder this drink’s ability to keep you focused at all! Studies have shown that the very scent of peppermint improved memory and alertness. Smelling peppermint oil can also reduce anxiety and fatigue, and enhance motivation and performance.
Looking for energy? We take the best of coffee and green tea to provide an energy boost full of caffeine, antioxidants, and other brain-boosting ingredients. Check out Breinfuel today.
5. Beet Juice
Beets, like other root vegetables, are full of dietary nitrates. Once in the body, it becomes nitrites, increasing blood flow and oxygen to your brain. Beet juice isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but it could make it easier to concentrate on your assigned tasks if you enjoy the taste.
The caffeine in coffee acts as a stimulant making it easier to concentrate on your work. Caffeine is especially useful if fatigue is what’s messing with your focus. Caffeine will keep you awake and alert. Caution should be taken not to consume too much caffeine (overstimulation) because it will interfere with your sleep, make you restless, and make it harder to focus.
Related: Do Brain Boosters Really Work?
There are several teas that can aid you in concentration:
- Yerba Mate: This Latin American tea has the same amount of caffeine as a cup of coffee, as well as antioxidants and polyphenols for focus. It also contains seven of the nine essential amino acids.
- Ginkgo Biloba: This Chinese medicine and Indian Ayurvedic supplement is used for many things, including to boost memory and concentration. It stimulates blood flow to support cognitive function, even for those with Alzheimer’s Disease and other memory-related disorders.
- Matcha Green Tea: This tea contains more caffeine than regular green tea, as well as antioxidants and lots of l-theanine levels. L-theanine is an amino acid that reduces the jitters that can come from caffeine consumption. This is also the compound that can boost brain power and focus.
- Chamomile Tea: We usually associate chamomile tea with relaxation and sleep, but research says that it stimulates serotonin and dopamine production. The calm that chamomile tea produces can relieve stress and tension and may help you to focus. Consider drinking chamomile with matcha green tea or yerba mate for more energy.
Breinfuel provides all-day focus for mental athletes! It pairs natural caffeine with low-glycemic, metabolic fuels for your focus. Your energy levels will increase gradually until an enduring plateau is reached. The crash and jitters usually associated with caffeine intake are minimized. It is available in supportive blends of fuels, antioxidants, and brain-boosting additives for the effective delivery of caffeine.
- The Caffeine Blend contains natural caffeine from green coffee beans and green teas.
- The Fuel Blend contains low-glycemic sugar, collagen protein, and MCT oils.
- The Antioxidant Blend includes vitamin C, vitamin E, and beetroot.
- The Brain Booster Blend contains L-theanine, zinc, creatine, and glycine to support your brain.
Related: 10 Ways Breinfuel Fuels You
Don't Get Wound Up!
It’s very frustrating to feel unable to focus when you need to. A great solution is to drink one of the above beverages for brain support. These will give you the ability and energy to focus while improving performance and memory. These drinks also have many other health benefits.
Looking for the best way to improve your energy for all-day focus? Breinful is what you’re looking for!